Monday, September 28, 2015

Life

I have been very busy with work, plus Jeff has been working out of town a lot, so I feel like we have been doing this parenting thing like a relay race.  Anyway, here are a few highlights.

Pedal tractor pull: Bg had to compete in the same group as Chloe.  Her little legs just weren't strong enough.  Chloe placed 3rd!

I had an out of town work conference and took my running shoes.  Jeff said I wouldn't run, but I proved him wrong!  And the fun thing about running in new places is finding new trails.  I found this AWESOME trail through the woods completely by accident.  It was VERY hilly but beautiful.  I ran about 4 miles of it.  I would have ran more, but it was getting dark, I really had no clue where the trail led, no one knew where I was and I didn't have my pepper spray. 







There was a little park along the trail with this beautiful cross:

With another half marathon in 3 weeks, I knew I needed miles.  I ran on my gravel road and quickly realized why I don't run on the gravel anymore.  It is dusty, the rocks make me stumble and there are dogs that look mean.  I put in 9 miles and while my legs and lungs felt good, my joints did not.  I think the unstability (that isn't really a word but I am sure you know what I mean) of all the rocks made my knees hurt.  They are still sore today and I never have knee issues.  My goal was to do a slow and steady pace of 10:00 miles.  I was somewhat close to my pace, as I feel that the gravel element makes things harder.  And mile 8 was slow because my girls joined me for the last bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment