Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Treadmills suck!

I went to the gym last night and figured I would do a 1 mile warm up on the treadmill at a 8:30 pace.  It sucked.  I was bored staring at the gym wall.  I felt like time was ticking by super slow.  I could hear the other people in the gym working out and I am nosy and wanted to see what they were doing, but I had my back to them.  I quit after 5 minutes.  Treadmill loser!

I had to take the girls with me and I was pretty nervous about it.  They are plenty old to entertain themselves, but Bg is very clingy to her mama.  The owner told me I could bring the girls if they sat quietly, stayed off the machines and no one complained.  Luckily they have WiFi and we brought the ipad.  The girls had several warnings that we would be kicked out if they touched the equipment (I was trying to be harsh!).  Well, they were AWESOME!!!  I even got two compliments on their behavior.  This whole gym thing just may work better than I thought.

The gym was slightly more crowded than Saturday and I didn't have Somer with me to show me what to do, so I was winging it with how to video's on bodybuilding.com.  One of the other members corrected me once on my technique, which I am glad he did, but also a little embarrassed that I am so clueless!  Unfortunately, he corrected me on my last set, but I will make sure to do it right next time! 

I signed up for my next 5K on Dec 12.  It is a Candy Cane 5K and I actually get a hoodie!!!  I would like to get a time around 26-27 minutes, so I probably need to do some speed work between now and then.  Based on last years times, I could possibly place 2nd in my age group!

No comments:

Post a Comment